At Big Fish Recruitment (“BFR”), we are committed to protecting the privacy of both our candidates and clients. With this in mind, we aim to be transparent about the use and storage of personal information, and to comply with General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”) at all times.
If you have any questions or require further information on this topic, please contact us at Big Fish Recruitment, Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London, ECV1 8NX.
The Data that we collect:
We collect personal information in order to carry out an effective recruitment process. This personal information may include:
• Contact details
• Educational qualifications
• Employment history
• National Insurance number
• Data included in your Curriculum Vitae (“CV”)
We may also be required to collect certain sensitive information such as:
• Ethnic origin
• Marital status
• Immigration status
• Financial data such as bank details
• Declarations of criminal convictions
• Results of a Children’s Barred List Check
Please note that the above lists are not exhaustive, and we may collect other personal or sensitive data in order to provide a service to you.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR DATA:
We may collect your data in a number of different ways. These include, but are not limited to the following:
• Data disclosed by yourself to a BFR consultant, this includes the information contained within your CV
• Data that may be provided to BFR by our clients during the recruitment process i.e. interview feedback
• Data uploaded onto job boards and other sites such as LinkedIn
• Information obtained by third parties, for example background check information or information provided by employment referees.
• Contact details received automatically, for example through communication that you make to BFR via email or WhatsApp message.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
At BFR, we want to provide the best possible recruitment service to both our clients and candidates. In order to do this, we may use your personal data in the following ways:
• Assessing your suitability for a job position
• To conduct background checks if necessary
• Assist you with interview preparation, Job applications etc
• Fulfil necessary contractual obligations with our clients
• Retain your details and notify you of any future job opportunities that may be of interest to you
• We may be required by law to disclose data to regulatory bodies or law enforcement agencies
• Undertake equal opportunities monitoring
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive, and we may be required to us your data in other ways for the purpose of our/our third parties’ legitimate interest.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
Examples of third parties whom we may be required to share your details with include:
• Current or prospective clients
• IT consultants
• Payroll Providers
• Companies who perform DBS or other checks
• Persons providing employment reference checks
In addition, if BFR were to merge with or be acquired by another business or company in the future, it may be necessary to share your data with new owners of the business.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
We put appropriate measures in place in order to safeguard your personal data. Our computers and systems are password protected and we do not allow any unauthorised access.
In addition, we have a policy in place to ensure the correct steps are taking if there were to be a suspected data breach.
If you suspect any misuse or unauthorised access to your personal data, please let us know immediately.
We will ordinarily process your data after the first time we have contact with you. We will then retain your data in order to consider you for job opportunities.
We will delete candidate personal data if we have not had any meaningful contact with you for a period of 5 years, or, if you request it to be deleted.
Under GDPR, we are required to keep your data up to date and accurate, therefore, we will hold regular screening of our database and may contact you from time to time for this purpose.
Please contact us if any of your personal data changes and needs to be updated, or, if you would like us to erase your data.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT:
You have the following rights concerning the personal data that we store and process:
2. You have the right to request access to the information that we hold at any time
3. You have the right to rectify any personal data that may be inaccurately recorded
4. You have the right to request for us to erase any of your personal data at anytime
5. You have the right to request restriction or suppression of your personal data
6. You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services
7. You have the right to object to us processing your personal data at any time
8. You hold rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
SHHHHH IT'S A SECRET